About The beneficiary
NAMI Dallas (National Alliance on Mental Illness, Dallas chapter)
Serving Dallas and the surrounding areas, NAMI Dallas, a 501(c)3, is part of the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans impacted by mental health conditions.
The proceeds from the 2018 Don’t Quit Half Marathon will be used by NAMI Dallas in the following ways:
- To provide support free of charge to people with mental health conditions and to their families
- To educate families and consumers free of charge
- To advocate for nondiscriminatory and equitable policies at the federal, state, and local level and in the private sector
- To advocate for improved opportunities for housing, rehabilitation, and meaningful jobs
- To support research into the causes, systems and treatments of brain disorders
- To support public education programs designed to help eliminate the pervasive stigma surrounding severe mental health conditions.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to volunteer at the race.
Don’t Quit 13.1
Why be involved?
The event is spearheaded by Jennifer Gray, an avid runner, because simply mental health issues have impacted her family, and now raising awareness and stopping the stigma are important to her. Jennifer wants people to know that there are options and resources available. They don’t have to lose hope and quit.